Monday, May 19, 2008

Revelations

Well, tomorrow will be the last day in my journey through the new testament this month. It has been a blessing to read through the Word as I learn something new every time I read it. In my humble opinion--best book ever.
Anyways...during my reading I've been thinking a lot about my belief system and why I believe what I believe particularly:
*assurance of Salvation
*events of the end times
I feel that I have "worked out" what I need to have to be assured of my Salvation in the Lord but I'm still struggling a little bit with the event sequence of the end times (pre-trib, post trib, resurrection of the saints etc...) Needless to say, still working on that but it is encouraging to know at least that things will happen as they must, in His time and whether or not I understand that doesn't really make any difference in how I ought to live.
As far as being assured of salvation I am going to flesh that out in a post soon. The end =)

2 comments:

Coach Prentice said...

i wish i could kidnap you and bring you to our SS class as this is exactly what we are talking about.

Shelly said...

you wouldn't have to kidnap me--i would come willingly....hmmm...what if i wore a disguise?