Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freedom From Those Whirly Twirly Days

Do you ever feel like you live in a little whirlwind sometimes?
I do.
I've always been a very non-schedule-y-lay-low-quiet-time type of person and mother but lately our home is revolving around the busy-ness of my sweet Amelie.
Pre-pre-school has been wonderful and fun but involves juggling Maeve's nap and although it all usually works out well, the pick up/drop off time can be a little stressful.
Bible study is wonderful--but is interrupted by the pick up/drop of time of preschool.
Wednesdays are stacked--preschool, jetting to dance class, Awana--it's our marathon day.
We have peaceful Mondays and Wednesdays but here I am, smack in the middle of the week feeling a little tired and a little defeated.
I'm the type of person who needs lots of peace and lots of quiet and lots of predictability to feel peaceful and centered--so this schedule has thrown me for a little loop!
Reading through my study (again, I know) tonight I came upon a verse that freed me from a bit of the burden I feel..
I just love it when God's word helps you to focus on the things you're really supposed to be focusing on.
Titus, an epistle by Paul, includes instructions for the young women/mothers in the church and reads:
Titus 2:4-5
...Love your husbands and your children, be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to your own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
I'm feeling a little simplification coming on...a little more love my husband and my babies and a little less runrunrun.
A little more good obedience and a little less wacky worry, whirlwind cleaning, obsessive blogging (well...we'll see about the blogging--a girl can't lose all the vices in one day).

1 comment:

Madre said...

Oh to find a moment to be still and know that HE is GOD. It seems that I have to be up by 4:30 a.m. if I am going to be alone with the Lord. It is pretty ironic that after a good night's sleep, I still need to find "rest for my soul" which I can only get from prayer and meditation on His Word. What a blessing to be His child and to hear His loving voice.