Monday, November 3, 2008

Where does my help come from?

{It comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth}
I've said it before and I'll say it again--Praise the Lord for this Bible study!
My eyes are open further with each week that goes by to the weight of my responsibility and the oppression I've allowed sin to have over my life.
Whew.
{Gotta shake it off}
This week's chapter had to do with contentment in our circumstances and our response to whatever circumstance we find ourselves in.
Like today....I had a perfecto day with my babies
(aside from the 5 am wake up call =)
they were so sweet and lovely
and then after nap time Amelie turned into a monster
(a cute little disobedient tantrum-y one at that)
and then--my little Maeve fell over while walking around minding her own business and smashed her head.
Huge goose-egg.
And those two circumstances were enough for me to completely shut down and become discouraged.
I just couldn't take anymore.
And sure enough--isn't that what my reading was about today!
When I just can't take anymore--
His grace is sufficient.
When my toddler won't listen to me and throws dying llama hissy fits for the world to hear--
His grace is sufficient.
When my baby has a huge goose egg on her head and I'm worried she might have a concussion--
His grace is sufficient.
When I'm on the phone with the doctors office trying to figure out if my baby is ok and the toddler is throwing a louder and frightfully embarrassing new hissy fit--
His grace is sufficient.
When I'm tired and alone and don't have any help and am trying to cook dinner and make the house presentable--
His grace is sufficient.
2 Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
And now, at the end of my day, I have peace and quiet to study and pray and refresh my heart and mind while my totally fine goose-egged baby sleeps and my toddler is watching Daddy give his late night piano lessons at school.
I am weak.
He is strong.
His grace is sufficient for me.

6 comments:

Julie said...

And I don't know about you, but most days I can use all the grace I can get!!

Aren't Bible studies awesome? It always helps to have that accountability and support.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, and that the goose egg has shrunken down to a robin egg size by then....

JerseyGranny said...

I'm so glad that the Beacon is ok. Isn't Jesus wonderful!

Madre said...

I was once asked to do a bible study on "how to grow in grace".
WHEW.....it was one tough subject, and very hard to define.

But one thing I do know, that I could not accomplish one thing worthy in this life, apart from His grace.

May the grace of God keep you, my child, where the will of God has led you.

goodnight - love, madre xxx
please kiss the boo boo sisters for this far away grannie

Melody said...

Oh how I can relate!

Ree said...

Oh how I know exactly what you are feeling! I have those days--this morning in fact--when the 2 teenaged boys of mine argue and fight b/c, you know, that's what they do best!! Or when one--or both--decide to torment their little sister b/c, you know, it's just plain fun!!
And this is on top of the daily struggles I encounter.
HIS GRACE is a blessing to me and brings so much comfort!!
HIS WORD puts me at ease immediately b/c I know I can let it all go to him!!
AMEN for HIS LOVE!!

Ree said...

Oh and BTW-I LOVED the 'dying llama hissy fits' part!! You are very creative with your words!!